Our research centre and meeting place is at Unit 13, 32 Mansfield Street, Partick , Glasgow G11 5QP
It is situated just off Dumbarton Road and within easy reach of
Kelvinhall Underground Station. It is well served by public transport and is open:-
- Tuesdays from 2pm to 4.30pm
- Thursdays from 10am to 8:30pm
- Saturdays from 2pm to 4:30pm
except for Easter Saturday and 3-4 weeks over Christmas & New Year
Powered By Subgurim(http://googlemaps.subgurim.net).Google Maps
Note Non-members can join the Society when they visit and then get immediate access to the collections.
Facilities include photocopier, research computers, microfiche and microfilm viewers, a fiche/film copier and access to the Internet. Guidance is available to members on request.
Our library holdings are listed here
In addition we hold:
- The 1841, 1851 and 1861 census films for our area & the indexes for these.
- The 1881 census & indexes for the whole of Scotland, England & Wales.
- The 1891 census index for the whole of Scotland and the films for our area.
- The 1901 census index for the whole of Scotland and the films for our area.
See Library list for more detail.